Facebook Cover Photo Dimension
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's account image as well as cover photo?
Your Page's profile image:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on mobile phones and also 50 × 50 pixels on a lot of function phones
- Should go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left and also 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page's cover photo:
- Displays at 851 pixels large by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers as well as 640 pixels vast by 360 pixels tall on mobile phones
- Doesn't display on function phones
- Have to go to the very least 399 pixels broad and 150 pixels high
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG data that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For account images and cover photos with your logo design or text, you may get a better outcome by using a PNG documents.
Just what concerning the resolution?
Along with this dimension modification we've gone with a high resolution recommendation because we are also taking into consideration the rise of higher res gadgets such as Retina Show-- you desire your cover pictures to look all crisp and clear there too don't you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you to some extent and also covers off virtually other gadget presently on the market.
On resolution Facebook doesn't help when it says "Keep in mind that your cover picture have to be at the very least 400 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall". This is simply a minimum size and in our experience we find it way also rough and also the guidance offers no advice on risk-free locations for message.
So long as it's not a crazy dimension you will not be penalised for submitting a nice huge high res photo (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Teams where compression was used) however no more.
One word of warning, depending upon the screen you make use of to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you could discover the photo a little fuzzy. We've try out JPG vs PNG and also a variety of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older screens but we would certainly still recommend 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.