Cash specialist Clark Howard states that Facebook has developed "an ultra-deep file on you to target you, to sell ads to you and offer info concerning you to others."
The Off-Facebook Activity tool lets you manage "the authorizations you gave them when you signed up, consisting of the ability to spy on you whenever you're on the internet," he says.
How to Delete What Facebook Knows About Your LifeAllow's discuss exactly how you can use the Off-Facebook Activity tool to delete what the website learns about you.
The tool lets you see every one of the applications and also websites that share info with Facebook about what you do on the internet. You can:
- Pick to remove details apps as well as internet sites
- View what other websites have sent out to Facebook
- Disable future off-Facebook task from your account
The actions are normally the same on mobile and computer, so let's get started.
You can access the straight link to Off-Facebook Activity here. Here are the total actions:
1. Log onto Facebook and click on the down arrow in the navigation panel to access Settings. Then in the left-hand rail click Your Facebook Information.
From this page you'll see the complying with controls:
- Exactly how to access your info
- Download your info
- Activity log
- Off-Facebook Task
- Managing Your Information
- Deactivation and Removal
2. Click Off-Facebook Activity.
It will certainly take you to a web page that offers you two options. In the leading left corner, over Clear Background (which we'll discuss later on) you'll intend to:
3. Click Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity.
4. Log back in.
As a protection step, the site may log you out as well as motivate you to re-enter your password. As soon as you have actually done that, it'll take you to a web page that shows all the web sites and also apps that are sharing your details with Facebook.
In my situation, it revealed 509 internet sites with my info! It also logged websites that I had gone to in current days.
5. Click on the sites you wish to remove. When you click on a particular internet site, a box will certainly appear that shows you:
- How Facebook got the task
- What Facebook finishes with the activity
- What you can do with the activity
If you have a great deal of sites logged (like me), it may take you a while to scroll down and pick which ones to erase.
6. Click Turn off future activity for the website you intend to remove. It lies at the bottom of the page.
Then it will certainly take you to a dialog box where Facebook shows you what switching off that specific site's activity suggests, including:
- That it might still get some details for dimension purposes, yet it will be separated from your account
- That you may still see ads for a specific internet site or item due to your advertisement preferences
7. At the bottom of this box, validate by clicking the blue Turn Off switch.
Afterwards, you'll see a message that states that the turned-off internet site has been hidden from your listing yet your previous task has not been separated.
Clear Your HistoryIf you want to zap the many sites that have actually shared your task with Facebook in the past at one time, go back to the Facebook Activity Page and click on Clear History, which we pointed out previously.
This will detach Off-Facebook Activity from your account. When you click Clear Background you'll see a dialog box that tells you:
- Your activity history will certainly be detached from your account
- Clearing up your history might log you out of numerous sites you use
- You'll still see Facebook ads, but they'll be based on your on-Facebook tasks
After you've adhered to these actions, you can rest very easy recognizing that your recognizing details has actually been removed from the data that other web sites send out to Facebook.
Here's how Facebook puts it: "We will not understand which sites you saw or what you did there, as well as we won't use any one of the data you disconnect to target advertisements to you on Facebook, Instagram or Carrier."